Project Manager Position
If you’re passionate about serving the greater good and want to work with innovative, results-driven professionals, then come join our team!
We’re Outreach Strategists, a Houston-based research, media, and public affairs firm with a reputation for excellence built over two decades of driving our diverse portfolio of clients’ ambitious agendas in the healthcare, political, nonprofit, tech, education, public, and private sectors.
Our Project Manager position is ideal for someone who is ambitious and interested in growing their career in business, strategy and public affairs.
- Develop a project plan and manage resources needed to reach objectives
- Coordinate team members to manage project scope and objectives
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Administer contracts with vendors and suppliers
- Delegate tasks and communicate requested deliverables
- Manage the relationship with client and stakeholders
- Employ industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout project execution
- Track and report progress, make modifications as needed and identify areas for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Some experience in project management or course related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Experience moving projects through the full cycle
- Excellent written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Extremely resourceful
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to solve issues that may arise
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Evidence of excellence in writing, managing projects, successfully serving clients, completing projects and written reports
- Extra consideration will be given to those with demonstrated Spanish language fluency
- All degrees welcome. Role relevant to degrees in Business, Communications, Public Relations, Policy, Political Science, and Statistics.
- Work experience in related fields including business or communications offers transferable skills to a career in public affairs and communications and is therefore attractive.