If you’re passionate about serving the greater good, have proven communications experience, and want to work with innovative, results-driven professionals, then come join our team!
We’re Outreach Strategists, a Houston-based media and public affairs firm with a reputation for excellence built over two decades of driving our diverse portfolio of clients’ ambitious agendas. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and accomplished account manager.
Our account manager position is ideal for someone who’s ambitious and interested in growing their career in marketing, public affairs, and media relations.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing campaign ideas and producing high-quality content
- Expertly supporting and managing the delivery of client work including planning, content development, media relations activity, tracking key performance indicators, and reporting
- Building strong media and client relations
- Point of contact with key media representatives
- Developing industry, sector, and product focused public relations, marketing, social media, and news media campaigns
- Managing the needs of the client and their accounts
- Contributing to daily meetings, and collaborating with clients on PR, marketing, and news media activities
- Keeping abreast of current PR, marketing, and news media trends and tools
- Building client relationships and maintaining a network of media contacts including journalists and industry experts
- Supporting traditional PR, marketing, and social media projects
- Developing news angles, stories, and pitches to further the client’s profile, products and services
- Fulfilling the client’s key performance indicators and growing accounts
- Being involved in pitching for new business and developing communications proposals
We’re looking for:
- A strong communicator who’s able to express ideas clearly and who can be convincing in meetings and presentations
- Proven understanding of communications including marketing, PR and news media
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail
- A calm and confident approach to client engagement and team management
- Experience with implementing digital and social media campaigns
- High levels of communication – presentation, verbal, and written skills
- Impressive emotional intelligence and interpersonal expertise
- A passion for the media, including social media
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking, and innovation
- Strong copywriting and marketing mastery
- Commercially aware and business savvy
- Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks
- Solid computer prowess and project management skills
- Outstanding organization with an ability to manage multiple projects and portfolios
- Service focused and sensitive to confidential information
- Experience with directing business to business (B2B) or business to consumer (B2C) communications accounts
- 3 years of experience is preferred
- Evidence of copywriting, marketing and report writing, social media, event management, and client liaison skills
- Strong communication with excellent presentation and data analysis capabilities
- Aptitude to build a network of influencers and press commentators
- Industry knowledge and contacts are beneficial
- Extra consideration will be given to those with demonstrated Spanish language fluency.
- Graduates with relevant degrees in the liberal arts, journalism, or public relations are desirable.
- Work experience in related fields including journalism or marketing offers transferable skills to a career in public affairs and communications, and is therefore attractive.