Our Proposal Specialist position is ideal for someone who is ambitious and looking to be part of a team focused on making a difference and winning. The position is responsible for developing compliant, compelling and client-oriented responses to requests for proposal, qualifications or information from commercial and public sector clients. We are looking for a self-motivated, responsible and confident individual, interested in continually learning. You must have a commitment to integrity and the ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with minimal supervision.
We’re Outreach Strategists, a Houston-based research, media, and public affairs firm with a reputation for excellence built over two decades of driving our diverse portfolio of clients’ ambitious agendas in the healthcare, political, nonprofit, tech, education, public, and private sectors.
If this sounds like you and you are passionate about serving the greater good and want to work with innovative, results-driven professionals, then come join our team!
Essential Functions and Skills
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Support pre-RFP efforts
- Manage proposals from inception (solicitation analysis) through submission (production, reproduction, packaging and delivery)
- Serve as the point person, “coordinator”, for assigned proposals and work with Business Leaders and all functional areas (HR, Contracts, marketing and research, writers, IT, etc.) to coordinate all aspects of the proposal
- Analyze the solicitation and guide the team in creating the strongest response possible
- Facilitate meetings–kick off, solutioning, develop agendas, set goals, and follow-up with clearly articulated action items
- Writing compliant, compelling proposals
- Creating resumes and experience that are compliant and focused on the proposal requirements
- Helping develop a story line for the proposals to maximize the company’s ability to differentiate itself from the competition
- Continually learning about our work and portraying our strengths for various workstreams
- Working with graphics for presentation of data, workflows, etc.
- Editing/reworking input from technical staff
- Interviewing technical staff to develop proposal sections
- Tailoring templated information for specific proposals
- Assign proposal tasks and follows up appropriately until all requirements are completed
- Identify proposal process enhancements to continually improve the effectiveness of company proposals
- Maintain document control
- Help maintain proposal libraries
Skills and Abilities
The candidate should possess the following:
- Demonstrated track record of successful (on-time, winning) proposal creation
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong EQ (Emotional Quotient/Emotional Intelligence)–able to handle stressful proposal situations
- Strong writing and/or editing for readability and scorability
- Strong communication skills; comfortable working across the corporate spectrum
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), using SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Highly organized, detail oriented and experienced in organizing, managing and sharing information
- Able to multi-task, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Takes initiative, demonstrates a positive attitude and motivation
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- A bonus–graphic ability and ability to think graphically
Education and Experience Requirements
The candidate must possess the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in proposal and qualifications development, writing and editing
- Government proposal delivery experience
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It recognizes that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
We’re motivated by our commitment to drive outcomes and prioritizing relationships. If our role sounds interesting, please send a cover letter and resume to Rebecca@outreachstrategists.com.