If you’re passionate about serving the greater good and want to work with innovative, results-driven professionals, then come join our team! We are seeking a talented Marketing Manager with experience providing strategic insight, executing multifaceted communication and outreach initiatives, managing client relationships, and tracking results. If you have strong writing, account management and exceptional client and relationship building skills, we’re looking for you!
We’re Outreach Strategists, a Houston-based research, media, and public affairs firm with a reputation for excellence built over two decades of driving our diverse portfolio of clients’ ambitious agendas in the healthcare, political, nonprofit, tech, education, public, and private sectors.
Our Marketing Manager position is ideal for someone who is ambitious and interested in growing their career in business, strategy and public affairs.
- Manage day-to-day account activities with clients.
- Contribute to client meetings and build client relationships based on sound practices and consistent delivery of strong work.
- Support senior leadership in promoting a ‘client-first’ approach.
- Proactively identify and share valuable insights and best practices with clients.
- Contribute ideas where the team can add value to client accounts and identify growth opportunities with existing clients.
Organization and Account Management
- Manage multiple client accounts and projects simultaneously.
- Deliver high quality work with tight deadlines, including research, idea development, written and numerically focused documents (e.g. reporting and measurement) across a range of applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Manage the relationship with client and stakeholders.
- Develop project plans and manage resources needed to reach objectives.
- Coordinate team members to manage project scope and objectives.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Provide regular project updates to stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Administer contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Delegate tasks and communicate requested deliverables.
- Employ industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout project execution.
- Track and report progress, make modifications as needed and identify areas for improvement.
- Write a wide range of content, from opinion pieces, media releases to case studies.
- Support the development and drive implementation of innovative communications plans, which involve execution across owned, earned, hybrid and traditional media.
- Understand complex stakeholder landscapes involved in developing and delivering campaigns for organizations and interpret this for application in day-to-day account delivery.
- Experience in account management
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Experience moving projects through the full cycle
- Excellent written, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Ability to solve issues that may arise
- Experience creating strategy-based tactics that tie to and deliver on objectives
- Track record of building successful content launch plans
- Ability to translate each client’s unique needs into content
- Ability to manage projects and communicate expectations directly with the client
- Able to apply critical thinking to solve problems and take ownership of projects
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines along with exceptional time management skills
- Commitment to ongoing learning
- Must work efficiently and independently, be proactive, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Extra consideration will be given to those with demonstrated Spanish language fluency
Why Outreach Strategists?
- We’re motivated by our commitment to drive outcomes and prioritize relationships.
- We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k matching program
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building activities and happy hour outings
- We’re committed to supporting the community by investing our time in pro bono projects that help nonprofit organizations.