We are searching for a talented, highly organized Canvass Manager to oversee outreach and door-to-door marketing.
If you’re passionate about serving the greater good, have proven canvassing experience and want to work with innovative, results driven professionals, then come and join our team!
We’re Outreach Strategists, a Houston-based media and public affairs firm with a reputation for excellence built over two decades of driving our diverse portfolio of clients’ ambitious agendas. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and accomplished Canvass Manager.
- Utilize ECanvasser/SmartVan app expertise to manage canvassing efforts, including cutting turf, training team members, and optimizing its usage for campaign effectiveness
- Perform and oversee data hygiene and normalization to ensure accurate, consistent, and usable data for informed decision-making and strategy adjustments
- Recruit, train, onboard and oversee new canvassers
- Supervise canvassers who survey members of the public for data collection.
- Demonstrate a vast knowledge of the product, service or policies being canvassed to convince the target of desired outcomes
- Plan canvassing strategies for raising awareness for a particular cause or work on donor acquisitions.
- Consistently meet daily and weekly quotas for client information and signature acquisition
- Create lead sheets, mapping, and team tracking
- Share weekly reports of canvassing results
- Canvassing includes:
- Memorize and recite scripts and statements prepared and provided by the employer
- Approach and talk to people in malls, on the street, and in their homes about the company or organization. (involves driving to canvassing locations)
- Get information, such as contact details and signatures, from potential leads and clients for follow-up
- Obtain signatures and personal information for electoral parties and businesses
- Make cold calls
- Answer questions about the company product, party leader or organization
- Maintain a professional appearance
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous work experience as a canvasser or field organizer.
- Experience in sales, marketing, management, customer service or a related field (preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and make independent decisions in routine situations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including tact, patience, and acumen and the ability to work with many, diverse individuals, and groups.
- Ability to sell ideas or products and sway opinions.
- Ability to work after-hours and on weekends.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to work outdoors.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
- Knowledge of and experience with ECanvasser, SmartVan, or similar apps is a must.
- Experience with data hygiene and normalization is a must.
Why Outreach Strategists?
- We’re motivated by our commitment to drive outcomes and prioritize relationships.
- We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building activities and happy hour outings
- We’re committed to supporting the community by investing our time in pro bono projects that help nonprofit organizations.
Position Reports To:
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Houston, Texas
Interested? Send your CV with “Canvass Manager Job + (Your Name)” in the subject line to email@example.com